Sunday, October 7, 2007

Kitten Therapy

The last few weeks--okay, months--have been really rough for me. In addition, I've been having a really bad spout of kitten hunger. You know, like some women get baby hunger or grandmother hunger? I get kitten hunger. It was time for more kittens in the house. The problem was, although a lot of my internet friends were finding kittens and infact had houses overflowing with kittens, no kittens were coming my way.

Until the other day. Thursday, I think it was.

One of these Internet friends on the My Cat Hates You board located a pair of twin black kittens at a foster home only two hours from where I live. We called the fosterer and made arrangements to go "see" them Saturday, but I already knew we'd be coming home with them--if the fosterer approved, which it seemed over the phone that she would.

What I didn't bargain for was falling in love. Not with the Purr Boys, as the two black brothers were known--though I do love them dearly--but with a little Tuxedo girl named Elvira. The minute she saw me she came for me purring a deep throaty purr, and I was smitten. She didn;t leave my side the whole time we were at the shelter and I knew we'd have to take her home as well, or I would never be able to leave.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with Canon PowerShot S2 IS at 2007-10-07

So we have three new babies in the house: Obsidian, Onyx and Elvira. The older cats aren't too chuffed about this but I think they'll come around in time. And it's even worth their grief to me to have the babies. To watch them play and to have them snuggle together and with me is just what I needed to start lifting me from this bleak depression I've been labouring under.

"Bring me a box of kittens, Stat!" I wish I could have had them a long time ago, but then maybe I wouldn;t have got the right ones and these kittens are the medicine for me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with Canon PowerShot S2 IS at 2007-10-07
Onyx

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with Canon PowerShot S2 IS at 2007-10-07
Obsidian

No comments: