Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Samhain

I'm feeling better. When I got up this morning I thought it was going to be a shit day--I had a migraine, the costume thing was bugging me, I had a lot to do to get ready for tonight. BUT things have improved quite a bit. I took migraine drugs and they worked; I managed to bathe and shave my various bits and colour my hair in preparation for the night--I even painted my nails, which I don;t often do. Best of all, the key element of my costume actually arrived. So if the rest doesn't come I can improvise with other stuff in my wardrobe.

I always feel like I should celebrate Samhain with day of the dead type things. But to tell you the truth, except for two cats there's no dead people in my life I care to honour in that way. I suppose I should set up little alters for Luke and Tamlane but I always forget.

I;m bad that way about holidays. They just don't stick with me. Here I am, actually a priestes of a religion that has eight major holidays a year and I can;t be arsed to actually celebrate any of them. What's up with that? I guess my therapist would say, "Well, you need to decide what a holiday means to you and celebrate it that way..." which I guess is true. I mean, we had a good Lithe even though we didn;t dress up in robed and cast a circle and chant or anything.

So maybe Samhain to me means honouring the unseen world by dressing up in costume and handing out candy to the little ones.

BTW, I think this is a good time to remind everyone to go to my website and read "Moon turn the Tides" on the Excerpts page, which is a story I wrote (and actually published) about this time of year. I'd like to get more hits on my website anyway. So go there.

Waiting for M to get home to see if he found the rest of my costume in the post...

No comments: