Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tired

So, this morning demon Onyx thought it would be a great idea to climb into bed with me and show his devotion by shoving both his front paws into my mouth. This might not have been so bad if it weren't for the fact that the very tips of his claws stick out just a tiny bit and when they catch on fragile things, say the inside skin of my lip, it hurts a great deal. And when it became a battle to keep his paws with their sharp little protuberances out of my mouth, I finally gave it up and decided to get up. This at about seven a.m., which is about two hours earlier than I get up on most days. I did get eight hours sleep; I went to bed at eleven, after all. So why does it feel like not enough?

Demon Elvira is crashing about in the kitchen cupboards and I can't be arsed to go see what she's up to.

Okay, I went and checked it out. It wasn't demon Elvira; it was demon Obsidian and it's a good thing I went and looked to see what he was doing because he was in the under-the-sink cupboard with all the cleaning supplies. (Does everyone keep the cleaning supplies under the sink? I wonder.) Which is stuff he really shouldn't be getting into. I think sometimes we need to get child-proof locks to put on our cupboard doors to keep the cats out.

Went out for Chinese food yesterday because I was so stressed after the trip down to Montrose to pick up my meds. I ate a lot, which showed on the scale this morning. I have gained seven pounds in the last month, ugh. All my clothes still fit the same, though. What's that about? I have no idea. Maybe it's just water gain or something. But I have the feeling it's because I don't get enough (read that "don't get any") exercise at all. I wish there were a place within walking distance where I could go swimming. I think I might like that.

Managed to do the grocery shopping last night without totally freaking out although the store was a madhouse. We bought a turkey, although I hadn't really intended to do one this year. it's a good food investment though. We always cut off the breasts and freeze them for later so we don;t get too tired of eating it. We'll probably cook it tomorrow, as I go back to my radio show on Thursday and won't want to cope with cooking a big meal beforehand.

Caved in and bought a copy of Twilight at the grocery store. I am happy because I have found that I am actually able to read it. In fact, it's the first book in a long time that I've found myself looking forward to getting back to. I find that a little sad, as it's total brain candy. But I also am just glad to be able to read again, so I don't really care what I'm reading.

Another happy thing: an old friend bought a copy of my book. She messaged me today and said she read it all in one gulp and really liked it. I was scared she wouldn't. And her opinion matters a lot to me because she's so witty and talented herself. She actually called my writing "musical." Ain't that something?

We watched Cats last night and I have to say I was seriously underwhelmed. The music was repetetive, as was the choreography. There were some good moments, and I have to admit that the last reprise of "Memories" was a real tear-jerker. But on the whole I thought it was a show that underutilised some very good singers and dancers. And having been familiar with Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats since childhood, well, I really didn't get much out of it.

And those are my random thoughts for the day. Enough said.

No comments: