Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Survey for 2009 (thanks to Stef)

1. Will you be looking for a new job in 2009?
No. I'd like to get back to writing, though. And I'm hoping my disability claim will be settled sometime this year.

2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
No; I'm happy in the relationship I'm in.

3. New house?
I really doubt it. Unless the economic climate changes drastically or by some miracle we become gazillionaires, we couldn't afford a new house. And then we'd probably build one, anyway.

4. What will you do differently in '09?
Try to be more gentle with myself and not beat myself up so much.

5. New Year's resolution?
I don't make them, as I never keep them.

6. What will you not be doing in '09?
One specific thing? Going back to school. I have no desire ever to do that again!

7. Any trips planned?
If we manage to get out of our economic hole and save up enough money, we're planning on going back to Michigan for a family reunion. But that seems unlikely to happen at this point in time.

8. Wedding plans?
Already happily married!

9. What's on your calendar?
Mostly Dr.'s appointments!

10. What can't you wait for?
To have enough money to get by without constantly relying on our families for help.

11. What would you like to see happen differently?
I'd like to quit smoking this year, as I failed to do last year, but I don't know if I'll do any better at it in 2009 than I did in 2008.

12. What about yourself will you be changing?
My attitude towards myself, I hope.

13. What happened in '08 that you didn't think would ever happen?
Our beloved cat, Gwion Bach, was killed in our own back yard by two wandering dogs. I never thought it would happen in our own back yard.

14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
(stolen from Stef!) I hope I will continue to be nice to them, and if I am nicer that would
be good.

15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in '08?
I haven't dressed much differently since I was a teenager so I highly doubt it!

16. Will you start or quit drinking?
Nope. I don't drink now and the medication I'm on makes it impossible for me to start.

17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I keep trying.

18. Will you do charity work?
I will continue to volunteer for the radio station I'm already a volunteer at.

19. Will you go to bars?
No. There are only two in town and I wouldn't really be interested in going to either of them.

20. Will you be nice to people you don't know?
I always try to treat everyone with whom I come into contact with at least common courtesy, if not a little more.

21. Do you expect 2009 to be a good year for you?
I really hope it is!

22. How much did you change from this time last year till now?
Not much :P

23. Do you plan on having a child?
No.

24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with
now?
I hope so.

26. Will you be moving?
Not likely.

27. What will you make sure doesn't happen in '09 that happened this
year?
I intend to make sure we don't lose another cat the way we lost Gwion Bach--all our kitties are indoor-only now.

28. What are your New Years Eve plans?
Stay in, order pizza and watch DVDs.

29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
Yes, but we may not make it to midnight, being the old fogies that we are!

30. Wish for 2009?
I wish for so many things that I can't even begin to list them here. Maybe in blog entries along the way I'll make some of my wishes known to all of you.

No comments: