Sunday, August 26, 2007

very random indeed

Why is it so hard for me to keep up this blog???

I used to journal all the time. I have boxes and boxes of old journals that I read from time to time and I'm amazed at the content....just the volume of it. I had so many more thoughts then, it seems.

Maybe it's because I actually have people in my life now that I can share these thoughts with. Or maybe it's just that I don't have anything to say. That's a terrible thing for a writer: to feel like you have nothing to say.

But anyway: The Unquiet Grave is finally finished except for a few polishing touches. I have it out being read by a few people and so far they all think it's brilliant. Which leads me to the question: Do I go the self-publishing route again or do I try to do the traditional publishinng thing with its depressing round of submissions and rejections? I just can't decide on one or the other.

The big problem is marketing. I'm bad at it. If I thought I could self publish and market the book effectively, so that I made up my costs at it, there would be a big "DUH" factor in this approach. I have to say, I'm not all that fond of the "traditional" publishing route. It takes a long time to get a response IF you get any, whether from an agent or a publisher. Mostly you get "No thank you's." It's just really depressing. And they don't help you market much anyway. But at least I'd see some money up front without putting any out.

So if you;re at all interested in seeing The Unquiet grave in print, please coontact me. It would be nice to have some contact from my website other than spam offering me cheap rolex watches, which I have no interest in.

Is anybody out there?

I suppose I should update my website more: write another rant or something but I just can't be arsed to do it right now. It seems like I have no strong opinions anymore. And as that takes me back where I started I'll leave it there....

No comments: